Life is Fleeting

A couple of my friends died last weekend in a boating accident and it made me think of how short life can be. They were both 35 years old and enjoying life. I am happy that I have some photos of them to remember them by, not as many as I would like, but a few.

For me photos invoke memories and help you get through things. When my grandmother died, I went through all the photos from when I was born until when she died. I am so happy that I have photos with her. Photos remind me of stories or games we used to play, places we would go and just how much fun we had together.

What if something were to happen to someone you love? Would you have the photos you want to remember them by? What about photos for generations to come?  Family portraits capture a moment in time that will never be granted again. People never remain the same, nor do most hang around the same location for a lifetime.

The death of my two friends really made me want to get some more photos of friends and family, where we were together and having fun. They don't have to be studio photos. Some of the best photos are candid photos that capture the personality of people. The next time you have a bbq, think about either hiring someone to take photos of everyone, or carry your camera around and have others take photos of you with friends and family.

Life is fleeting and photographs will help you to remember the precious moments.



Check out my website: www.rebeccabphotos.com

Comments