Networking at Work

Today was an interesting day at Stewart's Photo. They have adjusted the schedule so there are four people working on Saturdays now. The morning was quite dead and I felt guilty that I wasn't being productive. We had a poor day of sales for the entire day. I blame the rainy weather and the Bear Paw festival going on in Eagle River this weekend.

The interesting part of my day was the networking. I spoke with quite a few people that I had fun talking to. There where three people from New York that were in town on a ten hour layover after staying a week in Kodiak. They were very fun to talk with and I gave them my card. Maybe they will let other's know about my website, but I would enjoy talking to them again. The girl that was in the group felt the same way I do about Photoshop. I think that photoshop is an easy way for people who may not have the skills to take good photos, to make their photos appear better. I don't use photoshop and in my opinion, I think it's cheating. I don't have the time to take to spend hours touching up photos, I want to be able to take them well to begin with. I actually spoke with three people today who agree with me about photoshop.

I also spoke with a local guy who is doing a 365 Project. The 365 Project forces him to take a photo every day and post it online. It sounds like a fun idea and I am thinking of doing it. I take a lot a photos, so I shouldn't have a problem clicking that shutter, but this will force me to think out of the box so I take a larger variety of photos.

I love working at Stewart's. I love interacting with fellow photography enthusiasts.I learn something new every time I work. I need to get out and interact more with the art community. I need to figure out a way to get my work out on display more. I need more people buying my photos either from my website or in some other venue. I need to start building my photography portrait career. 

If anyone is reading this, have a wonderful day. We are halfway through our summer and I am not looking forward to plunging into the dark and cold again.


Check out my website: www.rebeccabphotos.com

Comments