Texas Book Festival 2014 - Professional Event Photography - Austin, Texas


Hello Readers,

I  went to the Texas Book Festival on Sunday to photograph for The Austinot and had a wonderful time. For people like me who love paper books, this was the place to be. There were authors, books, cooking displays, music and food trucks. The festival was actually two days, Saturday and Sunday. I thought the majority of people would attend Saturday, but there were actually a lot of people there Sunday. The event itself was free, you just had to purchase the books and food. There are books for adults, children, cooking, history, photography and more.

Upon receiving my Media pass, I went straight to the book signing tent. There were about 15 authors there signing books for people.
Craig Johnson, Author
James Magnuson, Author

 After the Signing Tent, I went to the Capitol to see Norman Lear speak. He is an amazing man and a legend.
Norman Lear, Author/Producer - Texas State Capitol Building
Norman Lear, Author/Producer - Texas State Capitol Building
 After listening to Norman Lear speak, I went to the Children's tent where Ziggy Marley read his book "I Love You Too".  After he read his book, he signed some for the fans before heading off to do a concert.

Ziggy Marley reading from his book " I Love You Too" at the Texas Book Festival
Ziggy Marley reading from his book " I Love You Too" at the Texas Book Festival
Ziggy Marley at the Texas Book Festival
After Ziggy, I strolled around checking out all the cool things the festival had to offer. If you haven't been to the book festival, I highly recommend you go next time. If you go, bring water, cash and a backpack for books, wear comfy shoes and review the schedule before you go. There are events for the kids, yummy food at the food trucks and if you don't go in the Capitol, you can bring your dog.

The Hungry Caterpillar

Books for sale
Food Truck
Jodi Stauffer, Author and Thom Ricks, Illustrator
Margarita Carrillo Arronte, Central Market Kitchen

The Stapletons in the Music Tent

Have a great day and stay safe.

Rebecca


Check out my website: www.rebeccabphotos.com

Comments

  1. Event photography is not so easy to handle, but you really managed it in a nice manner. I loved your photography for Texas food festival. I am also going to cover NY events with my team. I am sure it will an incredible experience for all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment