Loving Austin, Texas

Yes, it has been a while since I posted and I apologize.

We arrived in Austin on Christmas day and have been enjoying our time since then.
 
On New Year's Eve, we went to Auditorium shores which is on the lake opposite downtown. There was live music and fireworks and we had a great time. It was the first New Years that I didn't have to wear a coat, gloves, hat, boots and have hot hands in my pockets to help stay warm.
 
 
 
 
Since then, we have tried to explore the city, but haven't seen everything yet. One of the first things we did was go to the Capitol Building. In all my years of living in Alaska, I never saw the capitol. I was in Austin for less than two weeks and just walked right in. It was a very impressive building and I love that I can go when ever I want. When we were leaving the Capitol Building, there was a couple getting married right under the dome..very cool.
 
 
 
 
The weather here is amazing. I have little flower boxes on our balcony with pansies for the "winter". Apparently, they don't like the heat so I need to find new flowers soon. Hopefully I won't wilt like a pansy when it gets up in the 80's or hotter.
 
 
 
We took a three day trip to Corpus Christi. It was only a four hour drive and we had a hotel room right on the beach. We went to the Texas Aquarium and watched the dolpin show, we went to the botanical gardens and toured the Lexington.  It was a beautiful place and I hope to get back there in the summer time when everything is in bloom and green.
 
 
 
 
So far business has been slow. I have done one portrait session with two adorable children. I went downtown and photographed a couple of live bands. In addition, I had the honor to photograph the Austin Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting last week.
 
 
 
 
I have been using this time to learn more about the business side of photography by reading and watching webinars.  I took a trip to Atlanta for training with the Professional Photographers of America which was very informative and helpful. I have taken several classes here in Austin regarding business. I have also been working with two separate companies to get some advertising out to the public. Finally, I have been working with a graphics designer to update and streamline my website and hopefully will be able to launch that soon.  I have also joined the Ausitin Chamber of Commerce and I am an accredited member of the Austin Better Business Bureau. I have gone to several of the networking events that the Chamber has hosted and have met lots of friendly Austinites.
 
 
 
Other than that, we have been getting healthier by eating wonderfully fresh food and going for long walks with our dog Chelsea who just turned three.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Until next time.....have a wonderful day and remember to treasure those little moments.
 
Rebecca 
 
 
 
Check out my website: www.rebeccabphotos.com

Comments