Sherwood Forest Faire - McDade, Texas

I went to McDade, Texas yesterday to the Sherwood Forest Faire. It is an hour drive from where I live, but since I took the toll Hwy 45, there was little traffic.

It was a beautiful sunny day and around 80 degrees. Unfortunately there was a breeze and the dirt at the Faire made my eyes water and my skin was coated with dust. I wasn't too concerned about me, but dust and sand are not good for camera gear; luckily, my camera and lens seem to have survived with no ill effect.

I met up with a photographer friend of mine from Alaska who will be relocating to Texas in the near future. It was great to hang out with him and his special lady (who looked amazing in chain mail and a wonderful hair piece).



The Sherwood Forest Faire is in a permanent location, there were all sorts of beautiful costumes and interesting individuals. It is set back from the highway, down a little dirt road surrounded by farm country. There were wood chips and sand on the ground and trees dotted the landscape. There were delicious smells from the food vendors, singing and instrument playing, dancing and all around well being. I was able to watch knights on horses jousting. I saw little fairies and knights and lots of people at the watering holes aka bars. Even the children were getting into the spirit.


 
 



He introduced me to an amazing woman. She is not only beautiful, friendly and great in front of the camera, she designs and makes her own costumes. She was there in one of my favorite new genres, Steampunk. Her dress was wonderful and I was lucky to have a mini photoshoot with her at the Faire. I hope that I can work with her again in the future.




I had a lot of fun and I am happy to have met some wonderful new people.

Have a safe and happy Saint Patrick's Day, toast with a green beer, have some Corned Beef and Cabbage and may the luck of the Irish be with all of us today.

Until next time,

Rebecca


Check out my website: www.rebeccabphotos.com

Comments