On-location Family Portraits - Alaska - July 2013

I am not a good blogger, shame on me!

I had the pleasure of heading up to Alaska at the end of July for a few events and portrait sessions. Here is the first portrait session I had the wonderful opportunity to photograph. This lovely family wanted a simple outdoor setting for their photos and so we did them right in the back yard. These are obviously not in the middle of the city, so the backdrop is lovely. I enjoyed meeting the children and tried my best to get them all to look at the camera and smile at the same time but, with six children, it was quite the task.

I love to photograph families. My Mother documented our family photographically when I was growing up and there are lots of photos of us kids with our Dad, or Mom, but hardly any with all five of us. That is why I love it when families hire a professional, so that everyone can be in the photograph. Professionals can capture special little moments between family members that can't be captured when one of the family is not in the photos. Also, you have the piece of mind that the photos will be of a consistent quality ( i.e. no thumbs in front of the lens, flash not used when needed, etc..).

For family portraits, I try to get photos of just the parents, just the children, then the whole family and then individual photos of everyone.






Remember to capture the moments. Print your photos so if your computer/phone gets wrecked, then you will have copies of the photos. Try to get a new family portrait every other year and include the Grandparents if you can. People grow up, move away, pass away, capture the moment before it is too late.

Have a most excellent day,

Rebecca


Check out my website: www.rebeccabphotos.com

Comments

  1. Love the sign they are holding in the first photo. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment