Wedding in Alaska

One of the events I attended while in Alaska last month, was my little brother's wedding. I was not the official photographer, but of course I had to take some photos of the happy event. 
Me with the amazing view from the church

The day started out drizzly and cloudy but, as the time came for the wedding, the clouds went away and the sun came out. The wedding took place at Saint Patrick's Parish which is in Anchorage and right next to the mountains. 


The bride, Julie, looked beautiful. She and my brother radiated with happiness after the "I do's". Her family originated in the Philippines and there were some new customs that I hadn't observed before. As the bride and groom are kneeling, they are covered with a lace veil and then wrapped with a small rope, they are then given coins in a pretty little box, I assume this is to tie them together and wish them a prosperous future. Either way, it was really neat to see. 

The beautiful Bride, Julie

Lighting the Unity Candle

The reception took place on the fifteenth floor at Top of the World in the Hilton Hotel, Anchorage. The sun was shining and there was a wonderful view of downtown Anchorage from the windows and deck. We had yummy food; I loved the Macadamia Nut encrusted Halibut.
The Toast
The Happy Couple 


The First Dance

They had an amazing cake from an up and coming  business called Sweet Treats by Melissa, a local girl from Soldotna (her dad was my choir and band teacher) now located in Anchorage. The cake was so moist and delicious, it didn't taste like the typical wedding cake and I could have had a few more pieces.  
You can show her some love at the following Facebook page:  
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Treats-by-Melissa/155277371208060

Amazing Cake

 It was a lovely day for a lovely wedding and I am so happy for the two of them.

Stay safe, have a wonderful day and capture those memories.

Rebecca




Check out my website: www.rebeccabphotos.com

Comments