Vist to Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown, Texas

My husband and I went to the Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown, Texas. I had been looking forward to visiting this location for some time. It was an amazing sight to see.

Right under the Interstate 35, there is a cavern tunneling beneath and is filled with unique formations. It was actually found when they were taking core samples for the I35.  At one point, we stopped and could hear the rumble of traffic flowing overhead. The tour only lasts around 50 minutes. If you don't like the dark, are claustrophobic or have problems walking in tight spaces up and down hills, I don't recommend you visit the caverns.

Upon entry with the group, they offer to take a photo. The photos are well lit and have a cool backdrop. I purchased mine, they are $12 each for a 5x7 print.



The cavern is dark and when we visited, it was pretty damp due to some recent rainfall seeping in. You are not allowed to touch the formations and when seeing the one spot you can, you really understand why.

There are formations all over the place, cracks and crevices, pools of water and sounds of dripping. The ground was wet when we were walking on the trail, which made for some slick sections (wear good shoes) especially when going downhill. At one point, they turned off the lights and you could truly experience how dark it would be down there. Once you get past the first section, it gets pretty humid so don't wear anything too heavy. Also, you are not allowed to bring food or drink into the cave, so keep that in mind.

The tour is fast-paced for the most part, so get a spot in the front and take photos quickly. I could spend hours photographing all the wonderful formations, but that would require having the place to myself and being able to bring a tripod. :-) I highly recommend a visit.



 
 
 





Check out my website

Comments